Using M50 tomorrow - what about the toll?

RMCF

Coming from NI tomorrow to see AC/DC at Punchestown, and will have to use the M50.

What do I need to do? I will be in a NI registered car if that matters.

I'm sorta hinting about not paying - can they do anything about it if you don't pay for the toll. Its only a few Euro after all.

40 views and no replies..

Come on folks, at least one of you must know the answer.

You can pay here
[broken link removed]

AFAIK E-flow only have access to owner details for southern registered cars in order to issue penalty notices..however at €3 X 2, would it kill you to pay it?

Am I missing something here. How would he get through the barriers without paying.?

Wasn't there something that they will chase NI drivers for payment? I seen a link and posted it in a previous thread about it but can't find it now

As you have a NI reg, they can do nothing. I wouldn't bother.
Neither would I - unlikely they will chase you in NI for €6.
If your concience bothers you just pop into any shop displaying the payzone sign , give them your reg. and hand them the €6 , you will get a receipt.

I didn't bother in the end.

We paid 2 x M1 tolls, bought a lot of hugely over-priced food and drink, and bought a tank full of petrol plus more food for the way home, so I gave enough money to the state so as to not feel guilty for the €6 !!

I didn't bother in the end.

We paid 2 x M1 tolls, bought a lot of hugely over-priced food and drink, and bought a tank full of petrol plus more food for the way home, so I gave enough money to the state so as to not feel guilty for the €6 !!
I look forward to seeing your post in a few months complaining about the over-zealous debt collectors and court summons arriving in your letterbox!

Simply there are too many legal hurdles for them to over come.

None of the legislation used by eflow in the republic has any standing north of Newry. All they can do is attempt to sue the driver for the standard toll of €3. The laws of the UK have held that penalties under contract are unlawful and unenforceable. Also eflow would need to identify the driver as the alleged contract is between the driver and eflow. The Registered Keeper is under no obligation to assist eflow in this regard.

This is why they use debt collectors who have no legal powers to attempt to collect but by simply ignoring them nothing will happen and they will go away after 2 to 3 letters.

Hi.

I do not know why you are asking the question you have your mind made up not to pay and you are only looking for support to ease your conscience.

It is only €6 why not pay the Toll and be happy you did the right thing.

your Reg will be noted and if your stopped by the police again for some other reason your nonpayment will be shown.

rochs

All they can do is attempt to sue the driver for the standard toll of €3.
So they could go down this road, if (for example) they wanted to make an example of the driver. Would the driver end up paying their legal costs if he lost the case?

Back