Unsecured Debt In Insolvency

Going forward

How can you prove that your unsecured debt was written off in your bankruptcy if in the future you want to go forward for a mortgage with your future husband. Even though its still on your credit report how can your prove that your debts were written off.

Is it possible to get something in writing from the ISI to say this.

Many thanks for replys

The fact that you were declared a bankrupt is enough to prove that all of your debts at time of bankruptcy (both secured and unsecured) were written off.

Jim Stafford

Morning Jim,

Many thanks for your reply.

I wish that were the case or my case really. My local credit union are insisting that I have something in writing to say that secured and unsecured creditors can't come after me in the future for debts even though i have issued them with my certificate of discharge.

They feel this is not enough. Wherre does one go from here?.

Thanks again

They feel this is not enough. Wherre does one go from here?.

Well if they are unwilling to accept the standard certificate, then all you can do is ask them what they have accepted from other customers in the same situation and see if you can get the same documents.

Jim they don't seem to know much about bankruptcy or how it works. I have submitted absolutely everything to them and it doesn't seem to be enough. I think I may be the first discharged bankrupt they have had to deal with.

Back