Ulster Bank www.ulsterbankanytimebanking.ie mess?

Re: Ulster Bank www.ulsterbankanytimebanking.ie down?

You sill cant see details of your mortgage account on line.

they never said they would have that online. We just hoped they would.

Ulster Bank www.ulsterbankanytimebanking.ie down?

I have had UB anytime banking for a few years and it has worked fine.
However since RBS have taken over and attempted to switch to a new "Platform" the whole syatem is a right mess. Some of my accounts have gone missing! I have been unable to access the accounts at times. Chequebooks ordered have not arrived. Etc. It is a flawed system.

Has anyone else experienced similar difficulties?

The telephone assistance has been hopeless and given me a very poor response. RBS has been a backward step from my experience so far.

John

Re: Ulster Bank Anytime Banking Mess

Havnt found the new system to be any better/worse than previous - but just have the one account. Havnt used their telephone support for quite a while.

I have to agree with the comment that RBS is a backward step. Since my original post, things have gone from bad to worse! Direct Debits going missing, the telephone support service being anything but helpful, simple instructions not being carried out, unnessary form filling for every action I want to undertake. I can't understand why Ulster Bank would change from a system that worked so well for them to a system designed for the UK. While, I'm not sure if there is even much of a difference between banks in the UK and Ireland, I still think it was silly to switch to a system that was built for a different bank. NIB did a similar thing, but that does seem to have genuinely improved their previous system.

I've made the decision to switch accounts from Ulster Bank. I'm still researching which Bank to switch to. I'm thinking of "joining the revolution" at PTSB!

When attempting to order a cheque book I was informed that I had to telephone if it was the first time on the new system. I did so and ordered two books on Saturday 28-10-2006. By Friday 3-11-2006 nothing had arrived. On Monday 6-11-2006 one arrived. As of today 8-11-2006 the other one still has not come! Very poor service. On the old system I could have a new chequebook within a few days. When I telephoned to enquire the response was curt and unhelpful. He actually hung up!

Where does one find the credit card statement?

The telephone number they give has too many digits does it not?
1850 300 6 365. the 6 being extra!!!

My local branch of UB is very good it is a pity about the online debacle and changes.

Pending transactions are now shown highligted in blue. HTH.

I just lodged a cheque and it was displayed in blue immediately.

With the exception of the login screen forking problem on Apple Mac the site is working for me now. I prefer it to the old site. In particular the standing order and direct debit sections. I cancelled and set-up some new SOs using it without problems.

Back