Ulster Bank offset mortgage numbers

Keninf

Hey all.

Still waiting on news from Ulster Bank on what is going to happen with these Mortgages.

Has anyone heard anything official or unofficial?

Does anyone know how many of these Mortgages Ulster Bank have?

Or what is the book value of this portfolio of mortgages?

Thanks,
Keninf

There are a few Offset Threads doing the rounds, this may answer your questions.

There are a few Offset Threads doing the rounds, this may answer your questions.
Thanks Rameire,

I had read previous threads, and am up to date with the correspondence from Ulster Bank. But now that Ulster Bank have closed branches and are getting ready for final sales of loan books, I was wondering if anyone had a current whisper about these particular mortgages.

A big hope is that they may offer customers a deal. A big fear is that they end up with someone who does not understand them.

Ulster Bank themselves struggled with them and made errors managing mine. I dread the thoughts of having to deal with some sort of vulture fund, contract or no contract.

Keninf

Thanks Rameire,

I had read previous threads, and am up to date with the correspondence from Ulster Bank. But now that Ulster Bank have closed branches and are getting ready for final sales of loan books, I was wondering if anyone had a current whisper about these particular mortgages.

A big hope is that they may offer customers a deal. A big fear is that they end up with someone who does not understand them.

Ulster Bank themselves struggled with them and made errors managing mine. I dread the thoughts of having to deal with some sort of vulture fund, contract or no contract.

Keninf
I am looking forward to dealing with some fund that doesn't understand. I received over €3k in compensation from UB due to their mishandling of my Offset Mortgage, (originally First Active) on two different occasions. They refused to let me draw down money I was entitled to.

The second occasion was particularly enjoyable as I referenced the first issue when I made the second application. I did so in a pompous know-all tone, expecting they would treat me as a crank. When they did, not only did I complain that they had left me without money I was entitled to , I was also able to complain that this was despite my explaining to them how to do their job. Looking forward to the next round.

having siad that, I have no idea what happens next, perhaps UB will continue to administer from the UK. The most recent letter I received was posted from there.

Back