Ulster Bank card reader

Update: oops - just tried it and the reader does ask for a PIN so I'm stuck! :eek:

The letter I got with the special FA card that is only for use with the reader (labeled "Online Banking Card") said a PIN was to follow within the next three working days.

I got this new reader thing too. You don't need it to log on and check balances etc but you do need it if you make a payment. I was reading the instructions on the website and I couldn't figure out what card I was supposed to insert in it (I thought it would be a new card they would be sending me) so I telephoned them and it's just your normal ATM (withdrawal ) card and you use the same pin. It worked for me. But unfortunately you still have to ring them up to add a 'payee' for the first time which is very backward. More security is a good thing though.

has anyone received their separate pin yet for the fa card reader? i haven't received mine? cheers.

No haven't got mine yet either. Delays in Christmas post? I actually had a postal delivery today. I love getting post on Saturday and Sunday :)

I received the card and reader early last week but still no sign of pin even though letter stated pin would arrive within 3 working days

I think the letter said it was going to switch to the card-reader login method with-in 21 days. They better hurry up sending the pins!

it's nice to know that other people are in the same boat. i guess the delay is because of the holiday period. i hope they send them out soon mind.

Re: First Active card reader

My First Active PIN arrived today and the on-line activation of authorisation/authentication by the card/reader/PIN combination appeared to work properly.

x-mas postal delay because I got my PIN today too (came from the UK) while reader came last week and the card the week before.

Finally got my PIN (for Ulster Bank) today, having got the reader and three different letters more than a week ago! First thing I noticed about the letter that came with the PIN was that I could change my PIN, which I immediately set out to do. Followed instructions exactly ... couldn't change PIN! It's a small thing, I know, but still annoying. Anyway, as previous posters have said, you don't need to use the reader/card to just access and view your accounts online, and that's pretty much all I need to do.

Re: First Active card reader

One further note. I now have two PINs with this account.

The first to use during the login process

The second for use with the FA On-line Banking card and reader.

Notwithstanding the difficulties encountered by PetPal I'd like to only have the one PIN to remember.

I used the reader for the first time this morning to add a bill to my account. Painless. Very simple to use - much better than Rabo - less of a rigmarole.

Back