U.K. Airports that Ryanair use.

IsleOfMan

I have travelled from Dublin Airport to a number of European airports with Ryanair. I am thinking of flying to the U.K. and then hopping on a Ryanair flight to somewhere different as the choice is greater. I am interested to know what are the airports that are easiest to manage for transfering from my incoming Dublin flight to my outgoing European flight.
I appreciate that most of their airports travel to different destinations but at this point I am looking to find the less hassle airport to do this.

Just be careful if you are plannign on doing this. Ryanair will not be held responsible if there is a delay that results in you missing your second flight, i.e. Ryanair do not 'book through'.

Best thing would be to go the to Ryanair website and see the list of destinations they fly to, choose one that takes your fancy and see where they fly from.

They've got a pretty decent route map here - http://www.ryanair.com/en/cheap-flight-destinations .. all of the airports that they fly to from Dublin apart from Gatwick and Newcastle have a fairly extensive range of destinations in Europe as well.

I'm not sure there's that much to choose between them in terms of transfer .. In all cases you've got to arrive, collect bags etc. and then go back and re-check in - as stated below Ryanair will not sell you a connecting flight, you're booking two separate flights and combining them yourself so allow plenty time etc. as you've no comeback if you miss the connection.

Best thing would be to go the to Ryanair website and see the list of destinations they fly to, choose one that takes your fancy and see where they fly from.

I know the destinations and where they fly from. My question is about airports. Which of the U.K. airports are easy to use from the point of onward travel. I'm looking for somewhere where I can get off one plane and hop on the next without having to go to to much trouble, change terminals type of thing. A small airport really.

Ryanair doesn't generally use very large airports so any of them are fine. Stansted probably offers the most choice for onward connections.

We visit liverpool quite regularly and have used the airport for flights to many destinations. It's a small airport and provided you give yourself plenty of time between flights for check in etc it should be very easy. We have also flown from Dublin on an evening flight, stayed in airport hotel and flight from liverpool next morning. Just to say we would only do this if there was no direct flight from ireland to the destination.

I know the destinations and where they fly from. My question is about airports. Which of the U.K. airports are easy to use from the point of onward travel. I'm looking for somewhere where I can get off one plane and hop on the next without having to go to to much trouble, change terminals type of thing. A small airport really.

As noted above you can't really do this with Ryanair - they don't have the concept of transfer or connecting flights .. you've got to arrive on one flight fully and then depart on the next really ... You don't need to worry about changing terminals in any of them if you're sticking with Ryanair ... just pick somewhere based on your destination and the best flight times (allowing sufficient time to make the "conneciton") .. none of them are really that big a deal to fly through.

Bristol is good small airport. Arriving is usually smooth enough. But they now have a new set of departure gates ... bit like old pier D at Dublin, so you could face a long walk to gate. Easyjet do lot of flights out of here also.

Back