Trying to oust the caretaker..any rights?

kerandabb

Just looking for someone elses perspective on this. My partner is a caretaker in Apt block since 2000 all without issues or comflicts. New company took over last year and recently trying to, I think, bully him out of the position. Trying to change his hours without reason just "Directors request you change from xxx to xxx" etc ....no prior notification. Now picking him up on stupid things like his phone bill etc (all without written proof). As an outsider I can see that they are trying to bully him out...prob have a directors son earmarked for the job if truth be known. Now they say he cant attend the blocks AGM next month. Is this the norm as it seems the team of directors are pulling all the shots and have the management company well and trully in their pocket - few bolsy directors seem to be running the show and not advising other less mouthy directors of meeting etc. Sorry for rant but just hate bullying and dont know what action he can take!

The first thing to do is to establish his employment status. If he is an employee he is entitled to fair procedures and the benefits of the employment law. Ensure that a record of all interaction between the employer and himself is recorded. Try and retrieve all records of payslips, employment contracts etc.

If the A.G.M. is a meeting of the owners of the Management Company he is not entitled to attend. ( I am open to correction on this) However he could be invited to attend which is different.

Back