TRS Changes in banks (PTSB)

mrs.m

I read here before that some banks wouldnt have the TRS changes from the budget until as late as July!
Just wondering does anyone know if PTSB have the correct new TRS changes yet or when they are likely to if not already?

it'll probably change in the budget at the end of the month again now anyhow :p

thanks

i have heard people say the trs in ptsb was fixed,
but this could be that they have a few different systems and not all of them are fixed.
i have also heard that april / may is the time line they are aiming for.

what you could do is ring the revenue dept for trs,
ask for the trs testing team.
and ask them if they know of a date,
if you ask ptsb they will prob just say it will be fixed when its fixed.

I read here before that some banks wouldnt have the TRS changes from the budget until as late as July!
Just wondering does anyone know if PTSB have the correct new TRS changes yet or when they are likely to if not already?

it'll probably change in the budget at the end of the month again now anyhow :p

thanks

PTSB systems are already in line with the new TRS calculation. Furthermore it is a regulatory change and I would be very surprised if the other banks weren't up to date too.

Thanks,

nadnerB

PTSB systems are already in line with the new TRS calculation. Furthermore it is a regulatory change and I would be very surprised if the other banks weren't up to date too.

Thanks,

nadnerB

eh they are all not up to date.

As I've said on here before, still waiting on Ulster Bank and will be for some months yet.

We got our letter from PTSB earlier this week regarding our TRS been added to our Mortgage.

As I've said on here before, still waiting on Ulster Bank and will be for some months yet.

Well, as I mention above, this is a compulsory change that the bank should have done already, you have grounds for a complaint as the banks are obliged to comply with law changes in a timely manner.

Cheers,
nadnerB

Well, as I mention above, this is a compulsory change that the bank should have done already, you have grounds for a complaint as the banks are obliged to comply with law changes in a timely manner.

Cheers,
nadnerB

im sorry but you are incorrect.
if you did your research you will know that not all banks were able to get the change in on time,
due to this the revenue gave these and all banks the time to rectify the problem.

it is a regulatory change, and will be completed, this year,
by all banks.

Thanks Nadner8, I'm sure you're right. I'm also sure I'd be wasting my time complaining. As long as they back date it when they get their act together I don't mind too much.

im sorry but you are incorrect.
if you did your research you will know that not all banks were able to get the change in on time,
due to this the revenue gave these and all banks the time to rectify the problem.

it is a regulatory change, and will be completed, this year,
by all banks.

Thanks ramerie, I didn't know it, where can I get more details on this?
To be honest the banks have had more than enough time to impement the change in their IT systems and the ones that didn't because they prioritised other activities are guilty of total lack of customer focus, I'd be weary of them.

Cheers

nadnerB

Just off the phone to PTSB they said the TRS changes are up to date & applied :)

still seem slightly off by my calculations though?

can anyone shed some light on this..

For my march payment
Principal is at 272129.77 Tracker mortgage at 1.1% over ECB
would that make my interest for year 8436.02
then 22.5% (in year 3) of this 1898.10
/12 = €158.17

but I'm getting TRS of €149.42

probably an obvious reason I'm missing here

thx

Thanks ramerie, I didn't know it, where can I get more details on this?
To be honest the banks have had more than enough time to impement the change in their IT systems and the ones that didn't because they prioritised other activities are guilty of total lack of customer focus, I'd be weary of them.

Cheers

nadnerB

for some banks unfortunately it wasnt enough time, as their systems couldnt handle the new bands.
so they are working with the revenue to make the changes, before it can be signed off, they have to do complete testing with the revenue to make sure things go well.
i have rung the revenue and asked for the testing team. and spoken to the people behind the testing side.

*bump*

just wanted to bump this thread instead of starting a new one to see if anyone can work out my above calculations?

thanks

Did you not get a print out of your mortgage account at the beginning of this year for last year? On that you should be able to see how much tax exactly you paid last year.

i got a letter from my bank stating that my expected interest payments this year will be the same as last year but my TRS still has not gone up. any idea why this could be??

Back