Travelling when Pregnant!

legend99

Hi,
Anyone know if the sun package people block pregnant women from travelling beyond a certain time???

I might be wrong but a friend of mine told me last week that you shouldn't fly in the last 3 months of pregnancy. No way of the sun package people knowing unless they specifically ask.

You'll have to check with the airline or company you're thinking of flying with as different airlines have different requirements- I think they may require a doctors certificate that you are fit to fly.

PS- its a very good idea to get in a sun holiday before the arrival- afterwards there will be quite a while until you are able or willing to fly.

Most will take you up to 28 weeks with no problem. Most will take you after that up to 36 weeks with a doctors letter. Go and look at the terms and conditions of the companies you are considering and it should be clear. Ryanairs policy is listed here (carriage of expectant mothers) and is standard as far as I know:
[broken link removed]

It depends on the length of the flight. Most airlines will carry pregnant women up to 28 weeks or later for shorter flights. I flew to Lanzarote for at 25 weeks pregnant and didn't have any problems. A walk around the plane during the flight helps and drinking lots of water

sinead76 said:
It depends on the length of the flight. Most airlines will carry pregnant women up to 28 weeks or later for shorter flights. I flew to Lanzarote for at 25 weeks pregnant and didn't have any problems. A walk around the plane during the flight helps and drinking lots of water

Your Doctor will probably say the same - depends on the length of the flight.

A 2.5 hour flight is less than a drive down the country and you will be no more cramped than you would be in a car - maybe less so as you will walk around more. (Less stressful than dealing with Irish roads and road users also!)

You should get a note from your Doctor / gynae to say that you are safe to fly, as the enforcement by the airlines and staff of the rules around when it is safe to fly is more to do with how pregnant you appear to be.

Most airlines will let you fly up to 28 weeks with no problems, and most will let you fly up to 36wks with a letter from your doctor. I've heard few women's GPs refusing to give them letters even when they are in perfect health, as they are afraid they may get sued if something goes wrong. You may also have to sign a document on the airport saying you are less them 28 weeks. If you are lucky enough not too look too big you can always bluff your way through, claiming you are only 4/5 months :)

ok, the wife will be flyign at 29 weeks to lanzarote. She was told that she needed a letter to fly between 28 and 32 weeks. her Doc give it to her no worries so I assuming thats hes done now!
It better fecking be!

Whilst they may appear unnecessary and tedious the regulations on flying when pregnant are there to protect the health of both the women and the unborn foetus.

Back