Other Travel Insurance Query

suzyann

Hi

I have just recently booked a holiday via the internet - using my credit card - The holiday is for January 2011, When I booked online I needed to give 10% of the total cost of the hotel booking which I paid by visa.
The booking was not made directly with the hotel so would like to query how I best cover myself against 1. The online agency that we booked through going bust. 2. If for some reason we are unable to go due to medical reasons closer to the time.

Should I look to take out travel insurance now in order to ensure that if the company we booked through go bust we get our money back - The remainder of the total cost is due by Novemeber so would want to be sure that have cover before I give the remaining 90%?

Then if for some reason we are unable to go due to medical reasons - If we cancel that we get most of our money back - What would be the best policy for this?

We will be travelling with a nine month old - My husband and I both have VHI and Quinn health insurance - Do most travel insurance policies cover medical expenses if there were a need ?
Any advice or recommendations on best policy to cover myself , husband and baby daughter would be great for our January holiday..

Thank you

You cannot make insurance retroactive, in other words you can't start a policy now that covers you for a risk or circumstance that existed or that you accepted when you made the booking.

"if the company we booked through go bust" then your claim is against the credit card company.

Check with QUINN & VHI about their travel insurance policies.

Back