Other Travel Insurance Query

gilboy

Hi
I was booked to go on a holiday last sunday morning. However,my 1 year old son who was to be travelling with me took hill the previous Thursday. We where hoping he would be OK by Sunday morning but unfortunatley he was not and we could not go.As regards his illness, he had a very bad vomitting bug, he could not keep down any food. Futhermore, doctor advised strongly against him going on holiday.

I have a gold travel insurance policy with 123.ie which cover holidays been cancelled due to serious illness. I have to contact them in the morning but just wanted to see if anybody else had to cancel a holiday under similiar circumstances. In a nutshell, I am a little worried they will say that may sons illness does not constitute serious illness.

Thanks

Have you read the Policy document ?? You will have to get a written statement from the Doctor. If the poor lad was ill and on medical advice could not travel, then as his parent you were obliged to stay with him. Hope he is better now ??

Thanks for the response mercman. Little man doing OK now thanks. I have ready the policy document and they say they will cover the cancellation due to serious illness

I was weary that the insurance company would have a rigid definition of serious illness

Sounds serious enough to me when the Doctor advised that he would not be able to Travel.

I agree with you mercman. Once gilboy was not aware of the medical conditiion at the time of taking out the policy it should be pretty clear cut.

Back