Transferring Irish Euros to UK Sterling

Smi1er

Fairly soon I will have approx £21K yoyos paid into my Irish Nationwide account that is held in joint names with my Wife, the good Mrs Smi1er.

One slight problem there...... We don't live in Ireland! What's the cheapest way to get it to the UK and converted to Sterling?

the bureau de change in the buttercrane newry give the best rates in ireland

I will soon have this problem also - in about 1 year.

I there no other way of doing this other than a bureau de change.

I thought there would be some sort of forum that you could meet people how needs sterling and vice versa - however, just as I type this I am thinking of money laundering and other relatively dodgy issue that could occur.

This may be of some interest. (Never used it so not personally suggesting it)

Some of threads may also have information worth looking at.

I will soon have this problem also - in about 1 year.

I there no other way of doing this other than a bureau de change.

I thought there would be some sort of forum that you could meet people how needs sterling and vice versa - however, just as I type this I am thinking of money laundering and other relatively dodgy issue that could occur.

I cannot see how you could call that amount of money a problem. Put it in a DAZ box and go to Huesten Station and you never know who might help you out.

You could try [broken link removed] - they claim to beat the banks exchaneg rates. Never used them myself . Otherwise just arrange a transfer with the bank .

Back