Transfer money from India

cremeegg

Someone is due to pay me a small sum of money, and they are doing so by bank transfer from India. I have supplied my IBAN and BIC but now they are asking for my date of birth and proof of my nationality. There is a valid business transaction behind this and I have no other reason to suspect the persons motives.

Does anyone know if this is normal for a bank transfer from India.

Is there any risk for me in providing this information.

I would be grateful if anyone has any experience of this. Thanks

So they've got your bank details, and now they want your DOB and, presumably, a scan of your passport.
Alarm bells are ringing...

Seconding Trasneoir. The IBAN, BIC and your name are sufficient pieces of information to transfer internationally. Alarm bells would be ringing for me.

Someone is due to pay me a small sum of money, and they are doing so by bank transfer from India. I have supplied my IBAN and BIC but now they are asking for my date of birth and proof of my nationality. There is a valid business transaction behind this and I have no other reason to suspect the persons motives.

Does anyone know if this is normal for a bank transfer from India.

Is there any risk for me in providing this information.

I would be grateful if anyone has any experience of this. Thanks

This all very well and may be legit at your end but harvesting the info requested is not required and will be used to sell your ID, currently trading at about 50 USD...

The black market is rife in India and the government is cracking down on this and this would be expected documentation for a transaction like this in my opinion. If it is a legit transaction, maybe talk to your receiving bank about the risks of this

Back