Transfer between two Irish banks missing

kumsheen

I was wondering if somebody can help with the below scenario, in particular i would like to know which bank has the onus to follow it up.

I was waiting for a monthly payment to come from a senders bank to my own which didn't turn up. Sender got confirmation and a letter showing a transaction ID trace to my account. (I have a copy of the letter).

I have shown this to my bank who keep saying funds have not arrived at this bank so the senders bank have to trace it to see where its gone.

IBAN and all other codes checked and correct.

Senders bank have said they have traced the payment to my account so that is sufficient from their side.

I am being sent around in circles so if someone who it familiar could tell me which bank is responsible for resolving this?

As far as I am aware the sending bank has the responsibility to ensure a transfer is completed.

From what you say they seem to have done this, i.e. got a transaction trace ID.

I suggest making a formal complaint to each bank. Matters will probably resolve themselves in the meantime, but get the complaint in now, so that there is a record of you notifying them of the issue.

Had a similar issue with danske to aib direct deposits previously. Turned out the name on my accounts differed, one registered with my middle name and the other with my first name.

Aib stopped the transfer in some sort of holding account and it took them about a week to figure that out.

Senders bank have said they have traced the payment to my account so that is sufficient from their side.

At face value, that statement cannot be true. One bank cannot see details of account in another bank. At best all they can do is confirm that they successfully remitted the payment.

+1, the sending bank can only see that they sent it.....somewhere.....not that it reached your account

The investigation has to start from the sending bank side (this used to be my job many years ago). A trace id is not sufficient, ask them for a full copy of the payment message confirming the BIC & IBAN, amount & date/time......only by insisting on getting this will you have actual confirmation of what WAS paid rather than what they think they paid/should have paid.

Through digging that out the problem should come to light, if all looks correct with that then you bring that copy to the receiving bank and they then have something concrete to look for, which in fairness to them they don't have now. (In an ideal world you shouldn't have to do the legwork but in my experience sometimes you have to!)

......just to clarify....I know you said the codes are correct, but by looking for the actual payment message with these codes and the amount, date & time altogether on the message out from the sending bank to the receiving bank is the only way to know for sure what was actually sent instead of what they think was sent, I hope I'm making sense....

Back