Trademark or patent required?

Yes, you can do whatever you want with your idea if it's not incorporated into the winning entry.

Afraid alot of what I have may be incorporated, I think.

It includes covering a wide field of unemployment fields & also products.

Even if they only let me have a % royalities of the products, I would be very happy, wishful thinking though.

God, I'm at the end of the barrel on this one, is it best that I now go to the enterprise board

The terms basically state that (i) if you win the competition, you have to assign full & exclusive rights to the Promoters (or whoever they nominate) (ii) if you don't win, you have to allow them to use your Proposal for the purposes of the competition. You retain the rights; their right to use the Proposal terminates when you exit the competition.

You retain the rights, what does this mean exactly? Can you benefit in some way from this?

They can modify/merge your idea if they want.
Where does it say this in the T & C's?

The Proposals do not have to be kept confidential.
Where does it say this in the T & C's

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to exhaust everything.

You retain the rights, what does this mean exactly? Can you benefit in some way from this?

See my answer in post 21. You can do what you want with it if you don't win.

Where does it say this in the T & C's?

7.1(c) Also, the full transfer of IP in Section 7.2 means they can do whatever they want with the winning entry.

Where does it say this in the T & C's

7.5, (do a search for "confidential")

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to exhaust everything.

If you intend to enter this competition, you need to understand the terms fully as you seem concerned with the transfer of IP and not being able to exploit your idea further if you win (which is the case - if you won, you get the money, that's it). If you are serious about entering this competition and have these concerns, you should talk to a solicitor.

See my answer in post 21. You can do what you want with it if you don't win.
So if you patent something now, then enter the competition & don't win you have all the rights back.

AND they cannot use it?

If you intend to enter this competition, you need to understand the terms fully as you seem concerned with the transfer of IP and not being able to exploit your idea further if you win (which is the case - if you won, you get the money, that's it).

Yes, its my concern alright, not sure how I could benefit from it afterwards if I did win. It will look good on a recently unemployed mans CV though.:D

If you are serious about entering this competition and have these concerns, you should talk to a solicitor.

I might have to do that.

Yes, you can do whatever you want with your idea if it's not incorporated into the winning entry.
If I don't win, & they incorporate PART of my idea into the winning entry, what is the situation?

Is it possible Watersprite to apply for two seperate patents?
1. Patent No.1 + big idea = Your Country, Your Call
Patent No. 1 will only apply to a certain product.
2. Patent No. 2 = My own royalities & will not be entered into Your Country, Your Call
Patent No. 2 will apply to all other products, excluding the patented product from Patent No. 1

I hope you understand this.

Back