Tourist giving birth in Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I and most people know exactly who our own are without the need to reference a bit of paper.
I think my view of who our own are may vary from yours.

Of course the problem is 4 billion probably won't live/stay in Africa. Migratory pressure will build up immensely over the coming decades and countries like Ireland will have existential decisions to make.
Most people are proud of the job our Naval service does in the Mediterranean rescuing migrants. I wonder if they had to take the migrants they picked up back to Ireland instead of Italy and Greece would Irish people still be happy. Considering our history we are the last people on earth who should complain about immigrants and migrants.
Maybe if we don't want migrants in Europe we should trade with them fairly and stop starting wars in their countries.

Most people are proud of the job our Naval service does in the Mediterranean rescuing migrants. I wonder if they had to take the migrants they picked up back to Ireland instead of Italy and Greece would Irish people still be happy. Considering our history we are the last people on earth who should complain about immigrants and migrants.
Maybe if we don't want migrants in Europe we should trade with them fairly and stop starting wars in their countries.
WE have lots of Fatima001 and her Husband in Ireland already Working in low Income jobs ,The people indrectly complaining about out tax system supporting them on low Income is?,

First they take our potatoes, now they take our rice...
And I don't think it is fair high yielding crops owners should share

Sure it was all down to myself nothing got to do with luck the high yields is because of ME , I should be allowed to let it rot rather than share my good fortune,
The top 20% with high yields is all because of ME, ME ,ME ,
Now who do the top 20% in Ireland Sound like, If you are having trouble go back 170 years,

Last edited:

What's this "we" business. We, don't start wars nor do we invade other country's

What's this "we" business. We, don't start wars nor do we invade other country's
WE starved our own most of the high Income people (not them all) chose not to help it was all the poorer peoples own fault,
170 year ago the top income people sent food out of the Ireland or fed it to cattle rather than people,
Looking back on some posts the same people are still around ?,

Last edited:
WE have lots of Fatima001 and her Husband in Ireland already Working in low Income jobs

We have many more employed on Critical Skills visas earning high income (generally €60k+ except for some specific cases with significant shortages here where it's €30k+) and paying very high levels of income and other taxes subsidising 'our own'.

"We" back the Common Agriculture Policy which kills tens of thousands, impoverishes millions and contributes to economic instability and war.
"We" have hid behind the apron strings of NATO for 70 years allowing other countries to spend their money and risk their lived to keep us free.
"We" might not start the wars but we benefit greatly from them.

170 year ago the top income people sent food out of the Ireland or fed it to cattle rather than people,
Looking back on some posts the same people are still around ?,
In fairness the top income people now are the net contributors who actually pay for everything. We've gone from one extreme to the other.

In fairness the top income people now are the net contributors who actually pay for everything. We've gone from one extreme to the other.
A 170 year old quote,so , the top income people would be nothing if the did not have people on lower incomes creating wealth , When you get a chance look out for the people in most cases who pay your wages,

If you look at the Nurses strike the top income people were about as useful as a ash tray on a motor bike on there own,

Last edited:
We have many more employed on Critical Skills visas earning high income (generally €60k+ except for some specific cases with significant shortages here where it's €30k+) and paying very high levels of income and other taxes subsidising 'our own'.
I know you will check it out so come back when you do ,
The last few times we used Critical Skills visas it was for people working in our meat factories/ agri sector check it out for yourself,

They have now dropped the threshold to 22K,

If you look as Brexit Wealth loss from these sectors will affect us all,

Last edited:
"We" back the Common Agriculture Policy which kills tens of thousands, impoverishes millions and contributes to economic instability and war.
"We" have hid behind the apron strings of NATO for 70 years allowing other countries to spend their money and risk their lived to keep us free.
"We" might not start the wars but we benefit greatly from them.
"We" have no influence on what NATO do and if they needed to invade us to say stop some enemy doing so they would. We are a small insignificant player on the world scene and have a limited ability to have our views heard despite what some might think. When you are a small country you learn to box clever or you get stomped on

"We" have no influence on what NATO do and if they needed to invade us to say stop some enemy doing so they would. We are a small insignificant player on the world scene and have a limited ability to have our views heard despite what some might think. When you are a small country you learn to box clever or you get stomped on
The strange thing some used to post the were from uk living in Ireland so they moved to hide behind NATO apron strings,;)

Hi bill_cash,

Interesting choice of sources - you're (along with the UN to be fair) assuming the growth rate to 2050 continues for the remainder of the century. I think this is a little pessimistic for a few reasons.

Three things to point out -

1) It's highly likely that fertility rates will continue to drop and equally likely to accelerate due to improved health care world wide
2) Higher levels of GDP in African countries is also likely to result in more people staying at home to avail of better economic opportunities and
3) India, Pakistan, the US and Indonesia were citied as significant contributors to population growth - the rest were from Africa to be fair Nigeria being a case in point

https://www.un.org/development/desa/en/news/population/world-population-prospects-2017.html

I would also point out that Europe does need to consider taking in migrants in anyway as to be blunt the average fertility rate is 1.6 which means we are effectively below a steady state population. You might think about what impact that will have in terms of pensions, access to services etc. Of course, if you can raise the average fertility rate to around 2.1 in Europe, then that's a different question.

And no, I'm not advocating a free for all in terms of migration!! I am pointing out that we will need some, but then it might also help to bring stability to other regions in the world so that people don't feel to have to leave...

Best,

Opus 2018

We also produce quite a bit of the weapons infrastructure too if you took a look at it (IT systems etc.)

Purple is quite right - we are not blameless here!

The last few times we used Critical Skills visas it was for people working in our meat factories/ agri sector check it out for yourself,

The visas offered to meat factory workers do not fall under the Critical Skills program. That's a separate pilot program that aims to address critical shortages in low skilled sectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back