Time to get a landline installed ....

RMCF

I have held out for a few years, but now I need to get a landline installed.

I don't think it will be heavily used, but it will make calls to RoI and UK, at all times of the day.

What are peoples experience of their landlines? Should I just stick with Eircom or conisder some of the other providers out there? I have heard scare stories about some of the companies and was thinking that perhaps Eircom might be the safest option, although I am sure that there are scare stories about them too !!!

I've had good experience with TalkTalk.... I think most operators offer packages to call RoI and UK landlines for free 24/7, I would compare the prices of the package that suits you best and go for the cheapest.

Would recommend UTV Talk. Am with them for a number of years. Regular landline charge gets you free UK & IE landline calls after 6pm and at weekends. Pay an extra 9.99euro and this becomes free landline calls 24/7. (only 6.99 extra if you have broadband with them).

Check callcosts.ie - you can see all the providers and use the calculator to find the best for your types of calls. There are some good deals on phone and broadband packages too.

Have been with Smart Telecom for the last two years,and I must recommend them if you require broadband as well as a land line.
Was with Eircom for a number of years before I changed to Smart and found them OK but I now think they are pricing themselves out of the market.

To get a landline you will need to go thro Eircom first and then transfer to any other company that you want as Eircom operates the wholesale list for all telecom companies based in Ireland as far as I know, thats if you never had a phone line in this house / building.

To get a landline you will need to go thro Eircom first and then transfer to any other company that you want as Eircom operates the wholesale list for all telecom companies based in Ireland as far as I know, thats if you never had a phone line in this house / building.

Yeah sounds right as my line has never been activated. Thanks.

Dont forget also that when your phone line goes out of order you will have to report it through your provider, if its not Eircom.Eircom are the only company who have engineers to repair a fault.

You can get a phone service though NTL TV cable aswell. But if you making a lot of calls the best phone packages are with a phone line.

Back