time between signing papers at solicitors and filing for bankruptcy

binchy

Hi, Im looking for help or advice. Ive moved to northern ireland 1 year ago and am on social welfare here.I am filing for bankruptcy here and have signed my forms with a solictor last september.These were then to be sent to a barristor in Belfast who would present our case.I am getting help with my case from a well established co.However since Ive signed the forms and paid my fees I have heard nothing only to be told each time I ring that there is a big back log of cases in belfast and this is the reason for the delay.Has anyone else experienced this and do they know the time frame that is normal?Any help or advice would be appreciated.

There is no back log in cases. These cases come on every Thursday. All that needs to happen is for the papers to be filed and the fees paid prior to any Thursday and the matter is listed for hearing on the next available Thursday

Steve

The OP's situation then doesn't sound a bit correct and it just shows you that it's really important you know who you are dealing with and are given in writing an idea of timelines. They don't have to be exact but one would not expect it to be nearly 5 months.

Bincy you need to go back to your 'established' solicitor.

Steve, as you're back on here, I along with others I'm sure would like to know what you think of our new insolvency law? If you have the time that would be great. Tks, Bronte.

Back