Tile or Paint Bathroom Wall?

Joanna

Hello, I am in a fluster about whether I should fully tile the walls of the whole bathroom or only tile half way up and paint the rest? Anyone, any advice. I am tiling around the bath also. Thanks very much :)

If you can afford to tile it all, then I'd definitely tile it all.

Unless you have very high ceilings, but I figure you would have mentioned that.

Thanks very much CJPC. The more people I ask the more that I am veering towards the decision to tile all the way up. Thanks again :)

On the other hand if you tile half way up, you have the option every now and again to freshen or change the aspect by being able to change colour of painted part. This is our preference, as you can easily tire if the fully tiled walls.

Secman

Joanna, Tile to the top. Get tiles that will age over time and you will never regret it

Thank you Secman and tosullivan for your helpful replies. Much appreciated. Think I am gonna go the fully tiled route now. Thanks again :)

i usually recomend tiling fully. the hassle of painting every year or so can get to you. plus the new tiles that are out now are very nuetrel and seem to age well.

Kingspoofer and Mr. Bishi...thank you also! Tiles all the way for me for definite and yes the ones I had my eye on are in beige/creams/coffee colour so hope that should be neutral enough or age well. Thanks to everyone that replied to me. Very grateful indeed. :)

IMHO, tiling half way up is a more traditional look, this is what we're going for. Tiling the whole bathroom looks more contemporary.

you could always tile to the ceiling around the bath/shower and half way on the rest for a compromise...!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! Have decided to tile all the way up now...don't get me indecisive again and think I should go back to half painted/half tiled!!!!!!!! THANKS for all the kind advice :)

ps. It is indeed the traditional look I am going for too so I understand what ye mean about tiling half way up and painting the rest but for me, it's important that I go for the 'less maintenance' option, which is the tiled look as would have to face painting that bathroom wall at some stage. So 'less maintenance' wins over the 'traditional' look in the bathroom anyways! Thanks again :)

I would definitely tile all the way up using a timeless classic look.
You may find you get bored of creams/coffee after a while.
White & black, white & burgundy, would appeal to me more and then you can add colour with blinds & accessories.

Back