The Rectory - Stepaside

MalRB

Hi

We've bought a two bed apartment in the rectory and were wondering if anyone on line has information regards completion dates etc.

I’m also hoping this forum can be used as an information sharing point with my new neighbours :)

Thanks

Mal

MalRB said:
Hi

We've bought a two bed apartment in the rectory and were wondering if anyone on line has information regards completion dates etc.

I’m also hoping this forum can be used as an information sharing point with my new neighbours :)

Thanks

Mal

As far as I know Albany Homes are building The Rectory?. If so Id check this link out if I were you just so u are aware of things that you may have to look out for before you move in...

[broken link removed]

Hi

I've also just bought in this development and I was wondering if anyone who has moved in has anything to say about the quality of the finish in the development and how Albany Homes are to deal with in terms of snag list etc.

Have done some research on them and there seems to be a lot of people unhappy with them on other developments. Having read some horror stories about them on other websites, I'm worried that a similar situation might arise in this development.

I think the best thing to do is read all the info u can get re albany homes. Then make a list of things to look out for because we had a deposit on a hse in the development that I have added a link for a above and lets just say we didnt go for it in the end.

We had a look at The Rectory and felt the finish was entirely different to the development we had a deposit on in Maynooth so who knows what the story is?. Just make sure you have a really good person to do your snag and that there is a commitee set up to iron out any preliminary problems that may exist before the builders go off site.

Here are a list of some of their developments so u could google them? Prospect Manor is really nice - so there again it could be just down to builders they use for each development?

Albany Developments:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Greenwood, Coolock[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 250 units[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prospect Manor, Rathfarnham[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 120 units[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swords Demesne[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 250 units[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swords Downs, Co. Dublin[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blanchardstown Heath[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 300 units[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Castleview, Swords [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 453 units[/FONT]

Found this link as well so u may want to have a read off it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51244877

Thanks for the info. parkviewbuye.

I've got a very good crowd lined for the stag and hopefully the development will be up to scratch (fingers crossed).

Mal

Kev

I share your concerns, but even if I'd known this from the onset I'd still go for it.....Mainly because the first half of the development looks up to scratch.

Nonetheless I'll be asking the person doing my stag list to be meticulous.

Mal

kevh said:
Hi

I've also just bought in this development and I was wondering if anyone who has moved in has anything to say about the quality of the finish in the development and how Albany Homes are to deal with in terms of snag list etc.

Have done some research on them and there seems to be a lot of people unhappy with them on other developments. Having read some horror stories about them on other websites, I'm worried that a similar situation might arise in this development.

parkviewbuye said:
Albany Developments:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Greenwood, Coolock[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 250 units[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prospect Manor, Rathfarnham[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 120 units[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swords Demesne[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 250 units[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Swords Downs, Co. Dublin[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blanchardstown Heath[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 300 units[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Castleview, Swords [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 453 units[/FONT]

Did Cavan homes not build Prospect Manor or are they the same as Albany?

I've heard a few bad stories about Albany although what has been built in the Rectory so far looks fairly good from the outside at least

I was up to development in the last couple of days and I got talking to a person who has moved in already. I was reassured by his experience as he has been very pleased since he moved in last October/November. No major hiccups from a snag list point of view and he had no great problems dealing with Albany. Perhaps they are upping their game (here's hoping).

Must agree that phase 1 of development looks in good shape so fingers crossed that all will be well when we move in.

I was told yesterday, it’s looking like an August completion date.

Checked about skirting boards, they're attached using a strip nail gun? Apparently very easy to remove if you're laying wooden floors.

Has anybody got information on the feeder bus to the Luas that I see references to on DAFT or if Dublin Bus plans to improve the service in the area.

Oh another bit of news I’ve seen online

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/planning/planlist/2006/CORP8.HTM

all text at link but ends with

......The prosposed Development constitutes the relocation of the existing L.O.W. facility from grounds at Kilgobbin Lane, Stepaside.

Does anybody know what's happening with the old pitches? I can't see any planning permission signs so I'm assuming they're just planning to sell them.

I was talking with site manager yesterday and he said I should expect my snag letter in the next two weeks. I purchased in the last half of the development to be completed.

That's good news about the snag list. I believe that the builders are under pressure to finish before the builders' holidays (last week in July, first week in August). Did the foreman give you any indication if you would be in before then?

Do you mind me asking where in phase 2 is your apartment? Is it the end just as you drive in, or is it beside the houses? The reason I ask is because I have one of the houses, and the apartments at the other side seem to be nearly ready but the ones by the houses seem to be another few weeks away from completion. I've been told that they want to finish the apartments before the houses, so I was just wondering how long it would be before they get around to the houses.

Also, in relation to the pitches, I believe that LOW are definitely moving from their present site - I've seen somewhere that there is talk of a secondary school going into the old site, but I can't remember where I saw that, so it may not be definite.

Foreman didn’t mention when he’d think we’d be in, I suppose it’s all dependant on the snag and how quickly they act on it.

Our apartment faces the houses.

Re LOW I did a search on the Dun Laoighre Rahtdown CC site http://planning.dlrcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wchvarylogin.display

it appears there’s private houses going in there. If you look on that link it’s pretty obvious that the greater Stepaside area is going to be blitzed with houses in the coming years.

Can I ask if anyone who bought in The Rectory, Stepaside can answer the following:

(1) Did your bathroom and kitchen come with any tiles fitted?
(2) What allowance(s) did you get, if any?
(3) How you found the standard of finishing by the builders?
(4) Any other info. you think is relevant.

Many Thanks.

Back