text messages to mobile phone

jph

Recently I have been receiving text messages followed by a quick apology that it was to the wrong number. I replied once saying no problem and a series of messages followed which I ignored. Yesterday I got the same first prompt messages followed by the apology which makes me think it is in some way syndicated to ramdom numbers.

I also received a text message from a mobile number I didn't recognise and was surprised that it was an 086 number but followed by 15 digits -
Can anyone explain where these messages are coming from?

Just curious - thanks

Recently I have been receiving text messages followed by a quick apology that it was to the wrong number. I replied once saying no problem and a series of messages followed which I ignored. Yesterday I got the same first prompt messages followed by the apology which makes me think it is in some way syndicated to ramdom numbers.

I also received a text message from a mobile number I didn't recognise and was surprised that it was an 086 number but followed by 15 digits -

Just curious - thanks

Maybe you could google the number and see if it leads you anywhere.
Whats the nature of the initial 'prompt' message?

Usually Id ignore a text from a number I didnt recognise unless I felt it was genuinely from someone I knew perhaps using a different number for some reason.

Just curious - thanks

May be related but all weekend when my mam was ringing me, her number wasn't recognised by my phone i.e she didn't come up as 'mam', instead her number had about 15 digits in it - weird! -It's back to normal now

May be related but all weekend when my mam was ringing me, her number wasn't recognised by my phone i.e she didn't come up as 'mam', instead her number had about 15 digits in it - weird! -It's back to normal now

I encountered that same thing this weekend as well with my OH, it seems to have cleared up now and he's showing up as himself on the phon in text messages and calls.

ad

O2's network was broken over the last few days. Texts like that was one of the symptoms. That may be coincience.

Back