Tesco Credit Card

Do posters fund that the Tesco card pays for itself?
i.e. is it worth paying the EUR30 govt fee jus to use it in Tesco throughout the year? I already have an AIB Visa card which I intend to keep hold of.

I am officially giving up on Tesco! Called for the 10th time and they managed to find another 'fault' in the documents I sent! I can't believe this! Ulster it is for me!

I have been lucky, I have not had to resend documents. I just got my acceptance letter today and PIN number - awaiting the card now. I would say it's taken nearly 6 weeks to get this far, so it's quite a slow process. Anyway so long as I can get it to work for me I will be happy.

the govt tax is 30 euro per year at the moment. normally you would pay it on closure of your existing card. when the balance on that card is zero, you can call aib for a govt stamp duty cert which confirms you have paid it for 2010. you can send that into tesco then so that you are not charged the 30 euro in april 2011. the closure letter sent does not mention govt stamp duty being paid. i got one and it mention govt stamp duty has been applied on closure and to cancel any subscriptions on the card. when the balance was zero, i called them and had the exemption cert within 3 days.

Back