Telecom provider issue

It basically has bill holohan and associates solicitors (debt collection department) at the header and signed "yours faithfully bill holohan and associates solictors"

Likwise its as a footer but it's IJ's address and there phone number then bill holohan - solicitor

In that case I suspect that IJ have done a deal to use his name on the letters. The letters would be printed and sent out by IJ.

JdmSpec - I would suggest that you phone the provider and outline why you feel that you should not be responsible for the payment of the €165. If they were not providing you with the service thus resulting them being "in breach of service agreement/contract" then you should not be liable for the payment.
The difficulty is in getting hold of the right person - and also how you approach the situation. There is no use in talking to a customer service rep - as they will be bound by limitations - but try to get onto a head of department and explain your case. I dont believe that any reasonable company would make you pay if they were clearly unable to provide a service (by their own admission)
Don't be nasty on your approach - the more reasonable you appear (and have all your facts to hand) the more likely they are to come to a reasonable conclusion. I head up a CS department (thankfully not in telecoms) and frequently come across cases like yours, where people feel that they have not received service etc. I always asses the cases fairly and if the customer is reasonable and has a fair case, I would tend to rule in their favour. Again - there will always be many influencing factors to my decisions, including how the person approaches the situation. It is not worth ruining your credit history for a measly €165, however, It also sounds like you may have a fair justification as to why you should have the amount written off in your favour.

And?

What relevance does this have to the matter at hand? We do not know if this is the same "Bill Holohan".

Its the only Bill Holohon on the Law Society list, so it must be them or someone masquerading as them.

JdmSpec - I would suggest that you phone the provider and outline why you feel that you should not be responsible for the payment of the €165. If they were not providing you with the service thus resulting them being "in breach of service agreement/contract" then you should not be liable for the payment.
The difficulty is in getting hold of the right person - and also how you approach the situation. There is no use in talking to a customer service rep - as they will be bound by limitations - but try to get onto a head of department and explain your case. I dont believe that any reasonable company would make you pay if they were clearly unable to provide a service (by their own admission)
Don't be nasty on your approach - the more reasonable you appear (and have all your facts to hand) the more likely they are to come to a reasonable conclusion. I head up a CS department (thankfully not in telecoms) and frequently come across cases like yours, where people feel that they have not received service etc. I always asses the cases fairly and if the customer is reasonable and has a fair case, I would tend to rule in their favour. Again - there will always be many influencing factors to my decisions, including how the person approaches the situation. It is not worth ruining your credit history for a measly €165, however, It also sounds like you may have a fair justification as to why you should have the amount written off in your favour.

Ive tried this approach before (the company is smart) and they seem to have an amazing turnover of staff as each time i recieved a letter and contacted them i would be told X Y Z who i dealt with before had left the department.

Its quite hard to get anyone in there but im going to make efforts with them again and see if i get anywhere.I actually think the original billing amount was €110,i'll need to dig out the past letters but if thats the case i dont know where €55 has jumped in from

Ive tried this approach before (the company is smart) and they seem to have an amazing turnover of staff as each time i recieved a letter and contacted them i would be told X Y Z who i dealt with before had left the department.

Its quite hard to get anyone in there but im going to make efforts with them again and see if i get anywhere.I actually think the original billing amount was €110,i'll need to dig out the past letters but if thats the case i dont know where €55 has jumped in from

JDM see my post #2. Honestly mate don't waste any more of your own time.

Back