Taxation query on setting company up abroad with Irish holding company?

D

Dervla

I had to input this again as i must have gone into wrong area...

We are looking to invest in a company in the Czech republique which would be involved with selling property projects. The holding company would be in Ireland with a percentage in this czech company. After a sale this czech company would be closed down and another opened which would be the norm in the czech for this type of business. After a few sales and companies later the holding company would be liquidated. How would this affect us taxwise?

Re: Taxation query on setting company uo abroad with Irish holding company?

Dervla

Askaboutmoney is no substitute for professional tax advice. The situation you describe is complex and needs one to one tax advice.

You should take no action based on what you are told on Askaboutmoney.

Brendan
Administrator.

Thank you Brendan,

I appreciate your advise and certainly we have already sought out an accountant who is investigating the issue for us. However, they are taking so long, i just thought someone had some ideas on the topic, so i could have some knowledge before discussing with the accountant.

An EU resident does not need to form a company to acquire a Czech property. Generally it is not tax efficient to buy property through companies as you end up in a double tax situation where the company pays CGT on the gain and then the individual pays CGT when liquidating the company

Back