Tax Reduction

L

legowelt

Hi,

I need some advise with tax reduction. I earn 250k euro a year and have some of this paid as stocks and options by my company which avoids some tax but theres a ceiling to how much can be paid in this manner. This results in a massive amount of tax being deducted which siginificantly reduces my net. Are there any ways in which I could invest in something other than a pension which could shield a siginificant portion of my pay?

I also have one question re taxation of deferred stocks paid by foreign companies. I have around 50k which has not been paid to me and only gets paid progressively over threes years. The stock is held in the home country of my employer, a foreign bank, how will this be taxed when I become entitled to cash in?

The only thing that comes to mind is to have as much as possible paid in to a pension fund.

If I was on €250K p.a. I would probably engage my own accountant/tax advisor to tell me how best to avoid tax.

There are a dew all income tax shelters still available. They will give you section 23 type allowances but unlike section 23 they are allowable against all your income. You would get just under €32k in allowances each year.

The returns are usually poor enough but the tyax breaks make up for it.

Back