Tax on Real Estate ETF’s

Steady Investor

Hi,

I’m considering further diversification by investing in a Real Estate ETF. Does anyone know if the tax process in Ireland is the same as all ETF’s or is there a different process as you are effectively investing in property?

Thanks in advance if you can offer any pointers here...

Can you provide a link to the fund's factsheet?
Thanks for the reply. I have attached the fact sheet.
I’m considering further diversification by investing in a Real Estate ETF. Does anyone know if the tax process in Ireland is the same as all ETF’s or is there a different process as you are effectively investing in property?

Thanks in advance if you can offer any pointers here...

Attachments

• tret-fact-sheet.pdf
    208.4 KB · Views: 234
41% on gains and income,
If fund is Ucits
Thanks, I read somewhere (could have been incorrect information), that if you invest in a UCIT property focussed ETF from Ireland that you will need to pay a different tax rate / treatment. Have you heard of this before?

Definitely an ETF attracting 41% tax on all distributions and on disposals, including deemed disposals every 8 years.

Invests in 100quoted property companies - so make sure you read the detailed prospectus and are happy with all the risks involved

Having 8% in one company (Prologis) seems a bit risky but ...

Invests in 100quoted property companies - so make sure you read the detailed prospectus and are happy with all the risks involved

Having 8% in one company (Prologis) seems a bit risky but ...
Thanks - The overall investment I would make in this ETF would be less than 5% of my overall portfolio so I would not be over exposed.

Appreciate you input

Back