Switching my student credit card?

F

fitz123

Hi there. I have 400 euro to pay on my AIB Student credit card, its due to be paid in a few weeks but i simply cannot pay at the moment and I dont want to get into interest payments. I know it doesnt seem like a lot of money but im a poor student at the moment!

I am looking to make a balance transfer to another credit card, first active and ulster bank offer 6/9 months free interest respectively but when I went into apply they would not accept me because I dont have a regular income..

Is there a bank out there that will accept me to transfer my balance??

Or must I deal with the payment as best I can?

any help would be great....

Re: AIB Student MasterCard

While as you say it would be desirable to pay off the entire balance of EUR 400 if you don't have it then you don't have it.

The terms and conditions of that card allow you to get away with making a so-called "minimum payment" well in time (to avoid the automatic direct debit), the exact figure appears at the end of your last statement, maybe EUR 20.

Yes, you will be charged interest for the "loan" of EUR 380 but at least you will have made the minimum payment and kept within the terms and conditions of the card

Thanks for that reply. Ive went ahead and changed my direct debit details to pay off the minimum, thing is they say (AIB) that because Ive changed this within 2 weeks of the due date for payment that the minimum payment will not take effect until the next month!....like you say, ill have to take the hit and manage my cc spending better next time...

halifax/first active wouldnt take me on as a student!

cheers again

Back