Sweets you loved as a kid

There was one, I can't remember the name though, it was a chocolate bar, like dairy milk but it had about 12 small squares and each square had a different filling, orange, strawberry etc. was brill caus you never knew which was coming. Haven't seen in years though.

Arrgghhh Graham you're killing me! I remember them too.

A bit like the 'fruit' version of Fry's chocolate - which was Five Alive I think?

What were those things called...

Opel fruits were my favourite. But when I was a kid, you could only get them in the UK, so they were an infrequent treat when my father (who worked for a subsidiary of a UK company) returned from his annual business trip to the UK.

Arrgghhh Graham you're killing me! I remember them too.

A bit like the 'fruit' version of Fry's chocolate - which was Five Alive I think?

What were those things called...

ah now, you're showing the age there Caveat. :D

There was one, I can't remember the name though, it was a chocolate bar, like dairy milk but it had about 12 small squares and each square had a different filling, orange, strawberry etc. was brill caus you never knew which was coming. Haven't seen in years though.

Not the one you remember, but this reminds me of a Creme Cocktail. It too had different creme fillings and the overall sections were in the shape of a martini glass, on a square base.

And Peppermint Patties. Discs of mint flavoured fondant covered in dark chocolate - about 2 inches in diameter.

Last edited:
Happy days for all you retro sweet lovers, lots to choose from next week in [broken link removed]

Does anyone remember the 'penny cakes' they were my favourite especially after the hour and a half long mass on a Sunday.

Back