Surcharge on amended return

Mrs Vimes

Hi,
I had to amend my 2021 IT return (which was initially submitted in spring 2022) and have been charged a surcharge for late filing.
Is this normal or should I appeal?
Mrs Vimes
Edit: I have raised a myenquiry and will report back.

Just remembered this one, got the surcharge refunded, it turned out ROS was glitching
Gas how ROS always "glitches" to suit Revenue at the expense of the honest "customer".

In the real world, it's called overcharging and organisations get into trouble on foot of it.

It is taking revenue at least 2 months to reply.

How many other people suffered from this glitch, didn't notice and didn't get refunded. Clearly a great organisation like Revenue, who now know about this glitch, have sorted it out for all affected taxpayers.

Sorry, I was rather unclear last night - the glitch was that the return would not accept the amendment (of PWST as I had entered the wrong figure) until I went through capital allowances and farm allowances(?) for each of our self employed income and entered 0 in each box. We had not claimed any capital allowances. Someone from Revenue talked me through it on the phone and said it was a work-around they had come up with.

I don't know for sure whether that's what caused the surcharge to be levied.

Back