Summoned for non payment of bill already paid

Luternau

Summoned this morning for non payment of bill, which was paid 2 months ago by bank transfer. I include my account and name in the detail line of the transfer. I can prove that the money went from my account to theirs. This is the same method used last year on 2 occasions-with no problems. The bank details were supplied to me by their predessor. as an alternative to cheque payments. I have never received any correspondence from this company stating that, in future, they did not want bills paid this way.
Its poor administration on their behalf that has led to this. Previoulsly they did not accurately record my payments which kept showing arrears on account that were not justified and I had to chase the matter.
Should I go to court to defend or try to sort out beforehand?

Sounds most likely that the payment hasn't been allocated to your account, even though it has been recieved in their bank account. With most utilities, they expect you to quote your internal customer account number in the 'reference' section of the bank transfer - did you do this?

I'd be incluined to get onto their credit control dept asap.

Send copies (and cc the letter) to you solicitor, the company in question and whatever solicitor or collection agency they used.
It will cost you if you send them to your own guy so leave that as a last resort

Back