Suggestion for 70k deposit

Taohua

We have about €70k can put away for a while, currently we put all our money in PTSB savings account. We made over €2k interest in 2012 by putting them in 24months interest first before the DIRT increased.

Based on the current low interests offering by most of the banks and high DIRT, any suggestions to manifest the benefit?

1. I have €29k in a instant saving account, gross interest 2.25%, I am thinking to move €20-25k in capital protection fund by Irish Life, not sure about how long is the term, they will only know when the fund is ready, they told me the max gross gain for 2013 was 30%. There's no guarantee on how much you can get, all I risk is the interest. But I heard 2013 was a very good year for most of stock shares and index. It will be adjusted in 2014.

2. I have a regular saving account with TSB which I put in €1k every month, gross interest 2.75%, right now it is €18k in total. I set this as our children education account.

3. I just put €25k in a 1 year fixed term, gross interest 2.30%

4. €5k will be matured by end of March.

5. €25k will be matured by end of May.

Now, there are total €102k, but we will probably need €30k to decorate our new house, buy home appliance and furnitures.

Currently, we can manage to save about €2k/m, I read some post here mentioned about nationwideuk have a 4% regular saving account, will I open an account?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Back