Strawberry or Lemon Cheescake?

SlugBreath

I called in to my local Centra. Cheesecakes in cold cabinet with price tags of €3.49. Brought one to the till and noticed I was charged €4.99 for it.

The young lady went to the cold cabinet and brought back the tag which showed a price tag of €3.49 for the Strawberry cheesecake and said that the Lemon Cheesecakes were €4.99. (Not priced).

Both cheese cakes own brand and identical in every way except flavour.

Why would a lemon cheese cake be €1.50 more than a Strawberry cheesecake and why would only the cheaper one be priced on the shelf?

Issues with items being mispriced, or no price displayed, seem to happen more often than they used to, in my experience - generally a case of the owner not being there, and the staff not giving a fiddlers.

No doubt in my mind, that Lemon Cheesecake tastes nicer, so that might be why it's more expensive ;)

My guess is that €4.99 is the new price, and should be applied to both products and shelf displayed price.

I suspect it is an oversight, so keep buying the Strawberry - but you may have blown that game.

This is probably the same product in Supervalu (ultimately a Musgraves product) and both Lemon and Strawberry are €4.99

I thought it was going to be a recipe or how to make.... A plain dairy vanilla ice cream would be perfect.

While expensive, you can't beat a cheesecake from Butlers Pantry (for those living in / near Dublin).

Reactions: Leo
However I also like buying those packets of meringues for about €2.50, plus some vanilla ice cream, plus some whipped fresh cream.....then crush a Cadbury's flake bar through the mix. My version of Eton Mess.

How many calories ;):p

You can't be thinking of or counting calories when you are eating cheesecake , any kind , or pavlova or banoffi or chocolate brownie. They are all my favorites :cool: :Dplus apple crumble, rhubarb crumble and most others too numerous to mention...

Last edited:
You can't be thinking of or counting calories when you are eating cheesecake , any kind , or pavlova or banoffi or chocolate brownie. They are all my favorites :cool: :Dplus apple crumble, rhubarb crumble and most others too numerous to mention...
Can't believe you mentioned calories, and on a long weekend, too.!

Tut, tut ;)

Ok so, I won't mention diabetes either, especially on a long weekend :p:p

I have a ferocious sweet tooth but have to avoid sweet treats like the plague (within reason ;) ). The toughest one to break was the sugar in coffee, now just the smell of sweet coffee makes me queasy.

I have a ferocious sweet tooth but have to avoid sweet treats like the plague (within reason ;) ). The toughest one to break was the sugar in coffee, now just the smell of sweet coffee makes me queasy.
I don't drink coffee but drink lots of tea , without sugar, but I love most desserts , no favorites apart from banoffi, cheesecake of any kind, pavlova, apple or rhubarb tart or crumble etc etc ...

Back