Stovax stove query regarding kw outage

Frank Underwood

Hi, I would appreciate advice. I want to get a stovax riva insert stove. I don't want to go with a riva 40 or 45 as the fire chamber is very small. That leaves me with the 50 or 55 which are 7kw and 8kw. The 8kw has a much bigger window so you can really see the flames. I want to go with the riva 55. It's sold as an 8kw but the range of heat depending on how much fuel you use is 2.7 to 10kw.
My issue is the size of my room. It's 14.5 foot by 14.5 foot with 8 foot ceiling. There are double doors out to the hallway and these would nearly always open.
My question is does anyone have a 7 or 8kw stove in a room like this. Is it too much heat etc? Thanks in advance.

We put in an 8kw in a room where a 5kw would have done the job and delighted we did so. We wanted a bigger fire box as we burn or own blocks for several months of the year. If it gets too warm in the room we open the door in to the hall and let the heat around the house. I can't see you having too much heat when you can open double doors in to your hall !

It could be too warm but as stated just open the doors or lower the heat, they're great fireplaces. Our room is smaller than yours and sometimes we've opened the doors but i'd rather have that "problem" than less heat and a smaller viewing panel.

Quick update on my stovax stove. I got it installed 2 weeks ago. Delighted with it. Went with the 7kw. Wow there is some heat from it. It's amazing how quickly it heats up isn't it. Will be a cosy winter! Thanks for the advice.

Back