Solicitor Query for Mortgage Check

addob

Hi All,

I'm looking to close on my first property this Friday. Both my broker and my solicitor have been aware that we were planning to close this Friday since Tuesday last week.
This morning my solicitor contacted me and said that IIB (with whom we have our mortgage) are requesting that because he is an Associate in his firm he provides a letter from on of the partners stating that he is allowed to sign mortgage checks.
My solicitor says this is the first time that he's heard of this and that there’s now a possibility that we may not be able to close for Friday.
I'm stressed and panicked and we have builder organized to come in for Monday so we can't delay the close.
Does any one know about this letter that he needs to submit and whether this is really something new or just more of his stalling and incompetence?

I so want this all done with!

This also happened to me- My Solicitor just sent them a letter signed by the Principal/ Partner of the firm confirming he was authorised to sign all documentation.

Thanks, do you know how long this took to be processed? Or was is done early enough so that it don't impact your closing?

Get your solicitor to send a courier with the letter to IIB. He could also enclose a note saying that closing is on Friday. They might rush it through. I'd imagine they have everything ready to go and just need this letter for their files.

they'll accept a fax, as its only tuesday, no reason why your solicitor feels this will cause any delays, Im surprised your solicitor even bothered you with this, all he needs to is comply with IIB'S request by fax. done and dusted and IIB will issue the cheque.

If anyone ever goes looking for a solicitor... don't as me!
The letter was sent in this morning and my broker is chasing it up this afternoon, she seems to think there will be no delay and she's brilliant, the solicitor on the other hand... Can I ask where I can buy a voodoo doll here or should I start a new thread?
Thanks for the advice, it was encouraging!

Back