Dublin Solicitor/House Surveyor

firsthouse

Hi,

I have just been approved for a mortgage with my partner and we have a few houses in mind, with one currently an offer put on.
We are both first time buyers and new to the whole process of buying our first house so if anybody would have any info that would help us taking the next step from here i would really appreciate it.

I was wondering if anybody could reccomend a solicitor that has no hidden charges and deals with first time buyers.
Myself and my partner work in Dublin 1 and are looking to buy on the south side of the city.

Also, Could anybody reccomend a good house surveyor that dels on the south side of the city.

Thanks in advance
firsthouse

Do you require a surveyor to carry out a structural survey or a pre purchase report?

Survey is a detailed engineering report whereas a pre-purchase report is a visual report noting any visible issues of conern

I can recommend Ken Morris of Daly Lynch Crowe and Morris as a solicitor. Office is on the quays. Holds the hands of first-time buyers. :)

For structural surveys, I recommend Patrick Gillooly of Kennedy & Associates, (01) 6767299. You get a good detailed report and the opportunity to chat to an experienced Chartered Surveyor about its contents.

I've no connection with either of the above. I've used both their services myself and have referred clients to them over a period of years with good results every time.

I would recommend Gearoid O'Byrne of TP Robinson solicitors http://www.tprobinson.com/ and also Patrick Gillooly of Kennedy & Associates, (01) 6767299

I used both for my house purchase two years ago and was very happy with them

Back