Small business banks and foreign currency transactions

gauchagirl

I run a small business with my father on a shoestring. We use BOI and find that their fees are taking a massive chunk out of our bottom line. The second thing that bothers me about them is their online banking which only works on Internet Explorer and we have Macs. It means every time we need to check our balance we have to go into the bank and making online transactions is a nightmare. I feel that BOI give a very poor service for the amount that they charge.

Firstly I wanted to know in other small business owners views what are the best banks for small business in terms of service, online functions, value for money and small business loans/overdrafts?

Secondly, for international transfers(which I do a lot of) what banks or foreign currency traders give a good service and competitive rate? I've been looking at Moneycorp but the online reviews seem mixed. As anyone had any experience with them?

Agree RE BOI's online facilities. Terrible is too kind a word...

RE International transfers, we have shifted to using Sage transfermate, and have found it far more cost-effective than any of our alternatives...

[broken link removed]

Note I have no interest in the transfermate system other than as a satisfied user.

Back