Slane concert rules

thedaras

According to their website,they will not allow people to bring any food to their concerts.
I can understand this being applied to alcohol, but food ?
Concert starts at 3,main act not on until 8. So it may not be over until half ten,or 11.
I would imagine they will have food stalls there,but in my experience these can be very expensive.
I just think not allowing people to bring food for what may be a ten hour day,is unfair.
Would be interested in others views.

if enough people don't go they would get the message soon enough. doubht if that will happen though. the problem is we letting the organisers set the rules, instead of the other way around.

I must admit to being ok about those rules in general. Like at the cinema, it's how places make money and I guess their house, their rules. I would suspect the food stalls are on a contract basis and the food stalls would have liked some restriction on food to make it worth their while paying for a spot.

I'm fine with it, despite the cost, when companies or organisers are honest. So like the cinema chains who are reasonably honest that the extreme price on food and drink is how they make money rather than the movies themselves.

I get annoyed when some companies try to blame the no food rule on "health and safety" or the spurious food allergy tag. Just be honest and say our rules, don't come if you don't agree.

if cinemas and concerts ect, didn't charge exorbitant prices for food and drink people wouldn't bother trying to sneak it in!.....they don't seem to get it though..

I don't thinik you have to sneak in the food. Cinemas will let you bring in your own food bar hot food. I will buy my food going to most cinemas but the Mallow one is very good value for the early show so will then buy the kids the kids deal as feel overall it is good value.

I finds a coat with very deep pockets is excellent for hiding cinema contraband such as 2 litre bottles of coke etc.

Nah! :D

The local cinema charges almost 5 euro for a drink. I can get a 2ltr coke for €1.60. It is a no brainer.

Back