Silver to sell

AlastairSC

Hi everyone,
I have inherited some silver bars. How do I sell them? Alternatively, how do I buy more as a diversification (I already have basic financials of mortgage, savings, investments, pension etc covered)
Advice appreciated from anyone with experience. Thanks.

If you buy silver bars and physically hold them, you must pay VAT. It is probably better to buy with storage, meaning no VAT.

How do you sell them? Perhaps donedeal etc??

A quick Google finds several gold/silver bullion dealers in Ireland for me

This was my take on this based on an actual discussion with a probate lawyer

Not sure of relevance to the OP's query, but it's good to know from this article that inflation and lack of trust in the banks fall under the heading of "phantom risks" - one might have thought otherwise given recent global and local developments.

Just ensure to remain "in the system" where a steady stream of up-front commissions and fund-based charges can be extracted.

In this guide I set out how to deal with inflation and as I stress, precious metals, and silver in particular, are not a reliable hedge against inflation

More detail can be found in this extensive presentation I gave to the CFA institute

Not sure of relevance to the OP's query, but it's good to know from this article that inflation and lack of trust in the banks fall under the heading of "phantom risks" - one might have thought otherwise given recent global and local developments.

Just ensure to remain "in the system" where a steady stream of up-front commissions and fund-based charges can be extracted.
Excellent points

Back