Shore in back garden keeps filling and overflowing

masterK

The first shore nearest the exterior house wall in my house keeps getting full and then overflowing. I've attached a sketch to show the locations of the shores relative to the house. The problematic shore is Shore 1 in the sketch.
When the toiler is flushed I can see water getting to shore 1 but never shore 2 or 3 or the main manhole shore.

It sounds like a blockage somewhere between shore 1 and 2, (I'm assuming they are connected but can't be certain). I've got drain rods and have rodded in every direction from each shore but can't seem to locate a blockage nevermind clear it.

Any suggestions as to what I can try next?

sketch URL:

Rod down stream from No1 if rod goes futher than No 2 but doesn´t show at 2 them you may have a separate surface water and sewer systems.

you should note if nos 2 3 0r 4 are taking sewer discharge from any where else.

I tried rodding down stream from 1 but the rod only got as far as the turn in the pipe. I'd 8 rods connected so it was difficult to force around the bend in the pipe.

I tried rodding down stream from 1 but the rod only got as far as the turn in the pipe. I'd 8 rods connected so it was difficult to force around the bend in the pipe.

Just a small bit of advice - as you rod keep turning the rods in the direction that tightens the connections, otherwise they may seperate while down the pipes.

Can you try rodding from the other end and see if you can get any movement.

I can rod from either end until there is a bend in the pipe. The rods won't twist around the bend. I've been trying to get the wheely thing for guiding around the bend, but everywhere is out of stock.

As an aside has anybody any experience of the cost of getting the drain cleaning companies out to sort the problem or recommendations for any company?

Back