Share Dealing Options

M

moesymoe

Hi folks,

I am looking for advice on setting up a share trading account.

Basically I want to buy a lump sum of Irish shares on a once off basis. <5000e. I don't plan to use the account for day to day trading.

Can someone please outline some suggestions about the best way to go about this. I am interested in the fastest and/or cheapest method but just really want to understand what the options are for what I am looking for specifically.

Many thanks for your help.

Hi folks,

I am looking for advice on setting up a share trading account.

Basically I want to buy a lump sum of Irish shares on a once off basis. <5000e. I don't plan to use the account for day to day trading.

Can someone please outline some suggestions about the best way to go about this. I am interested in the fastest and/or cheapest method but just really want to understand what the options are for what I am looking for specifically.

Many thanks for your help.

I'd be very interested in an answer to this too.

I have some work shares coming into my posession in the next few weeks. I want to keep them for the med/long term but I need to have an account that they can be transferred into.
As I will not be carrying out many (any!) transactions, I'm thinking that an account with the lowest annual fee would be best.
Has anyone any comment on using Redmayne-Bentley in Cork? They do not have an annual fee for nominee accounts so I presume that would mean my day to day costs would be zero until I decide to buy/sell.
I'm a bit worried about the risk of the company going under however as I understand that would put the value of my nominee account at risk.?

Any advice appreciated!

TD Waterhouse.ie

The cheapest (20 quid a trade). Multinational (With their TD Ameritrade name in the states). Ease of transfer of current holdings into your account once setup.

Thanks Senorito but there is an annual €60 +VAT fee with TD Waterhouse. As I mentioned I won't be excuting many trades so I'm trying to find somewhere with cheap lodgings! :)

Back