Seriously considering EIRE or UK Bankruptcy but

david444

Any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated on this.

A couple i know are seriously considering bankruptcy in Ireland or the UK but they have told me that when they originally got the mortgage , the guy falsified his p60 and wage slips to obtain his mortgage, His Partner did not do this as she had a decent job.
If they go bankrupt will this be a serious hurdle ? and will the OA/official receiver be looking at all their revenue information and mortgage application documents ?

No. This will not be an issue for bankruptcy, nor can be used as a defense to get out of the mortgage commitment. Official receiver is responsible for the bankruptcy only and will not be trawling back on information which is not relevant to the proceedings.

Thanks Brendan,
Do you know whats involved with the OA/receivers interview ?
I've read elsewhere that the person going bankrupt should have all kinds of information/accounts to hand during this interview.

Yes the official receiver will require a full statement of affairs plus details of income/outgoings. Obviously standard documents of proof will be requested (statements etc). Up to now bankruptcies in RoI were rare and there is little anecdotal evidence of what is required. However, a call to the official reveivers office should clarify what will be required.

Back