Section 481 Film Finance

rangerscym

I was reading a short piece on these investments in this weeks Sunday Times. Can anyone recommend an IFA or advisory firm who could deal with this? Does anyone have any experience with this type of investment positive or negative?

Hello,

Generous tax breaks for those on high enough incomes and "low risk" in my personal opinion but not no risk so don't be mistaken, there have been a couple of problems over the years.

There are various Irish based accountancy firms and tax consultants who can help introduce you to approved investment schemes, a quick search on the internet should throw up several well known firms - just make sure:

- It is a Revenue approved investment

- It is introduced by an established and reputable tax consultant or accountancy firm

- It is ideally introduced to you by someone who has had past dealings with the tax consultant or accountancy firm

- It is ideally for a pre-sold production (be it tv show, movie etc)

- It has Bank approval for loans to investors (this gives me comfort, as if a Bank is prepared to lend on the investment, then they have done some research and satisfied themselves from a credit point of view)

- It is being produced by an established and experienced team (do a little research on the internet, to see peoples CVs or past productions etc)

There should be some past discussions on S481 here on AskAboutMoney.com

Other half and I are thinking about investing in a section 481 each. In filling out the form for loan part, it asks for details of mortgage and investments. Should we divide our mortgage, savings by 2 and give the figure for our "half" or should we each put down the full amount? We also have a buy-to-let to further complicate things. The 481s we thinking of going for are for different films.

Back