Second Date - Restaurant/Activities in Dublin?

flossie

Hi everyone,

Wondering if i can get some advice! Am about to go on a second date, and it's up to me to organise this one (he did the first one). As we live a distance from each other we are staying over in Dublin (Maldron Hotel - seperate rooms!) on Friday night.

I'm looking for ideas for restaurant in city centre as i don't really know Dublin too well. I know there is a Carlucchio's there, any opinions? Is there a nice steak/meat/Brazilian restaurant? Want something that has a good atmosphere, great food, fairly reasonable, as in not break-the-bank (it si only a second date after all!).

First date involved lunch in Avoca and Shakespeare in Trinity (any man that takes me to Avoca is making a good impression with me! :D). I'm thinking dinner Friday night, followed by a wine bar (again suggestions welcome!), then Viking Tour on Saturday morning......

Thanks in advance!

Floss.

I ate in [broken link removed] on Saturday night, the food was EXCELLENT, although the venue might be a bit on the noisy side for a date. Depends what time you are going for food - if its early then Id say it would be fine (we only arrived at 9pm).

If you are in that area then there are a plethora of bars nearby, one of my favourite being The Duke, but each to their own!!

Thanks Truthseeker :) Looks good, plus the bars are a bonus! Will get his opinion....

I've been looking at Brasserie Sixty6 (ate there years ago), maybe moving onto Ely Wine bar? Anybody have current experience of these, or One Pico?

One Pico is a step up from Brasserie 66 I would have thought. Ely wine bar is really nice you could just go there all night as they do nice food too. Downstairs in Fallon & Byrne is a nice wine bar too.

Pichet gets very good reviews on menupages and is handily located (just off Dame Street).

Wolfe's on Capel Street was really nice when I was there a few months ago, though I'm not a big fan of Capel Street and you'd have a long (romantic?) stroll to Ely afterwards.

Right, heading to Brasserie Sixty6, table reserved, then hopefully head to Fallon & Byrne and/or Ely Wine bar :). Getting excited, not just because of the date but also the prospect of having lots of wine and not having to get up early and take the dog for a walk!

I'm easiliy pleased! :D

Right, heading to Brasserie Sixty6, table reserved, then hopefully head to Fallon & Byrne and/or Ely Wine bar :).

That sounds fab! Fallon & Byrne is lovely to sit in for a few hours & they're going for a Wine Bar of the year award at the mo so they're constanly plying you with bowls of nibbles :)

I've never heard it called that before!:)

Ha! I meant I was having a night leaving the mutt to be dogsat by somebody although damn internal body clock meant i only got 4 hours sleep regardless!

All went well, food in Brasserie Sixty6 was great, didn't make it to Ely's, although ended up in a great little jazz type bar (possibly an 18th birthday going on at the time! :D), then a bar just off Stephen's Green. The hangover yesterday was pretty horrendous and resulkted in a long sit in the Westbury Hotel sipping coffee and iced water!

Date 3 is on the cards anyways :D

Back