SAM.ie

Chewbacca

Hi

Hearing an advert for SAM.ie on radio , beleive this is Somerville advisory. Wondering is it any good, cost etc? Anyone done it?

I don't know anything about the advertised course, but about 10 years ago I opened a brokerage account with SAM. This turned out to be on the Saxo Bank platform.
I contacted Saxo Bank and decided to open an account directly with them as the fees were cheaper that way.

I don't know anything about the advertised course, but about 10 years ago I opened a brokerage account with SAM. This turned out to be on the Saxo Bank platform.
I contacted Saxo Bank and decided to open an account directly with them as the fees were cheaper that way.
Thanks, wondering what the best platform to use is. trying to recover an Interactive Broker account I'd set up but not used not sure if it's good or not but will see.

I use Interactive Brokers and Degiro.
Interactive Brokers is slightly cheaper than Degiro but the platform is more complicated. It works great once you get used to it.
I quit Saxo a few years ago. They started out with low fees but then started to charge custody fees which were costing a few hundred euro per year.

I need to try and get Interactive Brokers active again it did look complicated. Can you invest in ETFs like Vanguard there?

Hi

Hearing an advert for SAM.ie on radio , beleive this is Somerville advisory. Wondering is it any good, cost etc? Anyone done it?
The money made is in selling the course, not the returns made from investing.

Just pick a global stock index or the S&P 500 and invest consistently. You will make money over the long term.

Now, who do I send my invoice to? ;)

The course is probably free.
The objective is probably to get you to sign up to the SAM platform or someother commission earner.

This by comparison looks like great value.

Bit cheaper than https://www.theknowledgeacademy.com...ding-training/stock-trading-masterclass/cork/ :eek:

Back