RTE- another brutal round of rubbish programmes

The worst part of that idiot is the sympathy and applause he got for writing that article on the birth of his down syndrome child. Never heard such self serving crap in all my life. And I say that as a brother of a down syndrome. My parents were disgusted by his article. Rubbish journalist and ever worse presenter.

What was the problem you had with that article?
I have to say I thought it was excellent.

Liked the savage eye.. but I find some of the sketches a bit OTT - loved the sketch of the Guards in templemore - or the Hosp consultant singing "Overpay us, Overpay Us" to the tune of Rock me amadeaus !!!.. Not liking the Joe Duffy sketch!
Love the Govt sketches aswell... esp the Minister titles !! :cool:

It seems to me the Late Late show now only consists of:

Various z-list zelebs who are on the circuit plugging their latest book
RTE presenters who are plugging their own shows
People with various medical conditions

I genuinely wonder where my licence fee is going? To pay the over-inflated salaries of presenters I presume........

I was beginning to think the same, rte is obsessed with making people with medical conditions light entertainment. Its the same on tubirdy's radio show. Someone on every other day with some medical condition or other.

Anybody any comments on the guest list for tonight's Late Late? Bob Geldof, Brendan Gleeson's son & Brendan O'Carroll! Another brilliant show in prospect!

Anybody any comments on the guest list for tonight's Late Late? Bob Geldof, Brendan Gleeson's son & Brendan O'Carroll! Another brilliant show in prospect!
I'll be surprised if Mehawl doesn't make an appearance, before the clock on 'equal coverage' starts ticking.

Well it couldn't get much worse then Jim Corr last week - awful stuff

The savage eye scores top marks in my book. The Mary Robinson character is great and the Joe Duffy one is just like Mr Slave from South Park. South Park obviously being the benchmark of excellence.

The Savage Eye is class, "uneven" I'd say is how critics would describe it, i.e. some bits dont work as well, e.g. the Joe Duffy bit.

Overall though it is very funny and makes plenty of intelligent points, mixing the serious commentary with the humour works great.

I would not consider myself a fan of Mc Savage but thought the sketch of the McCarthy/Keane row in Saipan when they used the dialogue from the famous scene in Goodfellas was very funny.

The Savage Eye is class, "uneven" I'd say is how critics would describe it, i.e. some bits dont work as well, e.g. the Joe Duffy bit.
I just love the Joe Duffy bits, particularly when the Gimp character hops up on Joe - sheer genius....

Back