RTB - Annual Registration is Coming: 4th April 2022

Anyone tried to get setup on the new RTB site.

Managed to get registered to login

Talked to help desk and tried to link but nothing coming up yet,
Sent email for help but no response over a week now.

Still nothing on the website.

Are they having a laugh, you need to get sorted and registered, but we are changing the website at the same time.

I feel another call tomorrow.

I have found most of my dealings with the RTB very incompetent.
For example:
I sent a paper application to RTB in late October last year which they say they received on 2nd November. . On 13th April I got a call from RTB informing me this application was incomplete because we didn't include our date of birth on the form. So it took over 5 months to advise us of this despite the fact that the cheque was cashed immediately on receipt.
When investigated further it appears a new registration form was put on their website to download on 5th November 2021 3 days after they received our application and about a week after I had sent my application, which requires one to put their date of birth. As it can take 5 days for payment to clear and upload my application they could no longer do it because the new form was now in existence. How ridiculous is this and yet it takes them over 5 months to let me know this. They apologised as they are currently working remotely and experiencing a high volume of applications and are experiencing a backlog.
This took 3 further e mails to establish the facts as each time they ignored my question and just enclosed the new registration form.

They have also advised as of last week that their website is now being currently updated with a new form as Annual Registration came into effect on 4th April 2022 and a new form has been created and will be available shortly to download.
Surely one might expect this form to be available from the get go. If they cannot manage registrations as they were how will they manage annual registrations.

I have found them so inefficient on so many occasions that it is very worrying. They have told me I paid no registration fee when in fact they had cashed the attached cheque.
They wrote recently to my partner informing him one of the pps numbers did not match with social protection. I knew it was correct as I had a copy of the form. When I rang them, the gentleman refused to tell me what was incorrect, as form was now registered.

I really am wondering how they will cope at all with the influx of new registrations.

Are they having a laugh, you need to get sorted and registered, but we are changing the website at the same time.

I’m having difficulty. Like you, I re-registered but had to use a different email address than my previous one as I was not getting the link to confirm my registration. Then when I eventually registered I tried to link my old account to my new one but because I used a different email address the crappy new system wouldn’t let me. I was advised on the site that someone from the “link team” or something would be in contact with me. That’s two weeks now and nothing. Farcical that they’re making everyone re-register. Completely unnecessary.

Previously, I forgot to re-register the tenancy (it was an obligation every four years and they don’t send reminders!), so was fined and had to go through a whole rigamarole to re-register and invent a new “commencement date” for the tenancy as the system didn’t recognise the actual date because I was late in re-registering. Joke of a system then. Joke of a system now. Little wonder Landlords are not registering. It’s certainly not an incentive to be compliant.

They should subcontract their system to Revenue - at least Revenue seem to be able to create user-friendly('ish) systems that work.

With the added bonus of flushing out hidden landlords :cool:

They should subcontract their system to Revenue - at least Revenue seem to be able to create user-friendly('ish) systems that work.

With the added bonus of flushing out hidden landlords :cool:
That would make sense but Revenue wouldn’t like to take on the responsibility. Like TV licences, it would make sense for the levy to be administered and enforced by Revenue, but Revenue don’t want it.

They got stuck with the Local Property tax - I'm sure they didn't want that either.
But they obviously have a competent IT team which a lot of State or statutory bodies don't have if you go by the state of their online offers

I did it this morning. Worked fine. When into manage registrations, got my number, when back to link button and it updated no problem.

Phoned RTB today about 20 mins to get through.

Will be escalated to sort it out.

3 calls each time I have moved on so fingers crossed.

Well done to RTB, adding another few to the thousand cuts driving landlords out of the market.

Still no joy

Got registration letters back from online chat registered again

Still can't see anything

Rubbish site.

I had a tenancy that was RTB registered but I never hear anything from the RTB about it. Looks like I forgot to renew it on the four year anniversary last year but the tenants have left of their own accord this February gone. Now I'm not sure if I need to create a new account in this new system handing over all that personal info just to "deregister" a tenancy. Can registrations just be considered expired - anyone know? Don't want any hassle down the line with the RTB hounding me.

Is it legally permissable to pass on the RTB registration fee to tenant?
I know of leases signed in the past few years that had a charge for rtb registration and property tax among other things. The landlord in question isn't a single house landlord and his leases all went through a solicitor. There is a section on Citizens Information about other charges that tenants might incur and it refers to property tax. Many people think that because it is the landlord's responsibility to pay the LPT to Revenue that it can't be passed on to tenants. Citizens Information unlikely to have that wrong.

Still no joy with rtb, another mail sent so still ongoing 2 moths later.
Daa are you running the RTB too.

camels back is broken
I have given notice to tenants in the apt, I am getting, out.
1 more rental gone to the market.

I had a tenancy that was RTB registered but I never hear anything from the RTB about it. Looks like I forgot to renew it on the four year anniversary last year but the tenants have left of their own accord this February gone. Now I'm not sure if I need to create a new account in this new system handing over all that personal info just to "deregister" a tenancy. Can registrations just be considered expired - anyone know? Don't want any hassle down the line with the RTB hounding me.
I did all registrations by post but cancelled or closed by email.
You have to email with the tenancy number and state the tenancy has ended to close of the tenancy registration. If you do not have the tenancy number to hand give the name of the person you have rented the house too and RTB will close the tenancy out.

I had a tenancy where the tenant left on the 3rd year of the 4 year cycle. I paid another fee for a new tenancy and the first one stayed there. I found it was still up on their system when I received a reminder for renew.

Checked this week all up to date now

Just under 10 weeks,
lessons will be learned

Can somebody clarify something for me. I have a property I'll use as an example: Rented out on a 1 year lease (yeah I know it doesn't really mean anything after 6 months) since March 2021. I understand that I must renew the tenancy every year in March from next March on. However, they say something about remaining years on a Part IV tenancy being free to register. Assuming the tenancy continues indefinitely (nice tenants, decent rent, house well kept), when would I be free of these fees for this tenancy? (I understand that I must still register the tenancy every year, even if the fees are waived).

Just went through a renewal

Hardest 40 quid I have ever spent for zero service.

Worst website, I have no choice but to use.

Back