Motor RSA Value Product

suzyann

My motor insurance is up for renewal - I have received two quotes from AA Insurance with 100 euro in the difference with the same Insurer RSA. The cheaper quote is for their RSA Value Product - which has a higher exess of 500 instead of 250 and also My No Claims Discount Protection would not be protected - This seems to be the main difference to the higher Drivesafe product also quoted . Is it worth paying the extra 100 euro to protect my no claims bonus. I have not had a claim in well over 10 years - ?
thanks

okay, thanks - Wasn't sure of the value of the Protection of the No Claims Bonus - Have heard of people who have had their bonus protected only to have an accident and still incurr a significant increase in insurance the following year

My motor insurance is up for renewal - I have received two quotes from AA Insurance with 100 euro in the difference with the same Insurer RSA. The cheaper quote is for their RSA Value Product - which has a higher exess of 500 instead of 250 and also My No Claims Discount Protection would not be protected - This seems to be the main difference to the higher Drivesafe product also quoted . Is it worth paying the extra 100 euro to protect my no claims bonus. I have not had a claim in well over 10 years - ?
thanks

Another way of looking at it is, if your NCB is worth 400/500 € off your premium, is it worth protecting that for €100.

Seems VERY expensive insurance/protection, doesn't it?

Hello,

RSA (who, I think now own 123.ie) appear to be offering cheaper quotes to potential new customers, than to their existing customers on renewal, for the same cover.

People getting renewal quotes from 123.ie (for example) are getting higher quotes, than say a possible new customer looking for a quote through the likes of AA Ireland for the same cover, from RSA. I've seen this proven and from reading comments on the internet, think many others have had the same experience.

If you press them a little on their quote, they will drop the price. It costs them less in real terms, to offer you a more attractive quote, to include protecting the NCB, so I'd be inclined to go this route if it were me...

One thing for sure, everyone should be shopping around and negotiating hard these days, because money is scarce and this is unlikely to change, anytime soon.

Try www.AonInsure.ie. I got comprehensive with NCB protected from them for €320 this year, €90 cheaper that the best quote I got last year. They seem to want new business. Their initial online quote may not be the lowest, but ring them and they are willing to negotiate and are easy to deal with. No other connection with them, just a new customer this year.

Having been with 123.ie in the past, my advice based solely on my experiences with them is to stay away.

HTH

Back