Other RSA Insurance acquires 123.ie

NorfBank

RSA Insurance Group plc (RSA) announces the acquisition of 123 Money Limited , one of the leading and fastest growing direct distributors of personal lines insurance products in Ireland.

[broken link removed]

65m for a broker! Is the Recession over and everything on full steam a head?
What is to happen to Travellers? I can see more P45s on the way.

This is not going to help the brand. No continuity of insurers for many who have been forced away from first Zurich, then Travellers and now to RSA.

RSA will be the only insurance that 123 will sell. They are hardly a broker then.

As I understand it, Travellers have had a negative household claims experience and were planning on pulling out of the household market in any event. I do agree with Carey that a tied broker is hardly a real broker. Then again, the same can be said for AA Insurances, who can get you household cover with any company....as long as it is RSA.

This is not going to help the brand. No continuity of insurers for many who have been forced away from first Zurich, then Travellers and now to RSA.

RSA will be the only insurance that 123 will sell. They are hardly a broker then.

They were never a broker to start with. They have always been a tied agent masquerading themselves as a broker.

Last edited:
They certainly struck oil. A great success story and one can only congratulate them on doing so well in such a short period of time. They have come a long way since the Assurelink awards when remembering some said it couldn't be done. Nothing succeeds like success.

Savor the moment and Godspeed with your next project. You carry my best wishes.

Sumatra

Back