Rough cost of fees on AH, solictor's and so on

Neil_Ireland

Hi,

Does anyone know roughly how much solicitors charge for the purchase of an AH?
Are there any other fees which have to be paid?

Thanks,
Neil.

You have to pay the council fees of about €2k, solicitors are around the €2k mark aswell i think. you've to pay for snagging and you'll have your mgt fees too.

You have to pay the council fees of about €2k

Im currently waiting to snag on a 3-bedroom duplex.... havent heard a mention of council fees. My solicitor is charging €1700 and will have management fees but defo no mention of council fees....

I'm hoping to close on my AH in under a fortnight, and have never heard mention of council fees either (Donegal CoCo) unless it varies between Councils.

Ive not heard about council fee for AH, but i think you pay the council legal fees for shared owership

You definetly have to pay dun laoghaire rathdown €2k - €2,050 is what I've been told to be exact!

I got an affordable apartment with dunlaoghaire rathdown and didnt have to pay council fees, just a 5,000 deposit and that went to the builder then a charge for snagging to the council which was roughly 250. Had to pay the management fees for the apartment up front unless thats it?

Hi
I have just purchased an AHI apt with SDCC. I am responsible for my own legal fees, snagging, and mgmt fees. I definitely do not have to pay anything to the council for their legal fees! I'm presuming the 2k mentioned above is for Shared Ownership as their is more legal work involved there.

I paid the council a fee of 1,300

I paid €1300 too but that was a deposit and not fees. This will eventually come off the purchase price of the property.
If you are buying an AH financed by a bank you don’t have to pay any “fees” to the council.
If you are getting a loan from the council to finance the purchase then you may have to pay them fees, but I am not 100% sure of that scenario as I am getting a loan from a bank.

I paid €1300 too but that was a deposit and not fees. This will eventually come off the purchase price of the property.
If you are buying an AH financed by a bank you don’t have to pay any “fees” to the council.
If you are getting a loan from the council to finance the purchase then you may have to pay them fees, but I am not 100% sure of that scenario as I am getting a loan from a bank.

I will be getting a loan from the bank also, so there shouldn't be any council fees.

Thanks,
Neil.

I'd ask your council. I was told at my meeting I had to pay them fees of €2k and a friend of mine got a place last year and had to pay the same. Perhaps it varies from council to council. These are definitely not the deposit, because all costs were listed to me for AH - 3% deposit, €2k council fees, solicitor fees,snagging and mgt charges. overall estimate €15k.

I'd ask your council. I was told at my meeting I had to pay them fees of €2k and a friend of mine got a place last year and had to pay the same. Perhaps it varies from council to council. These are definitely not the deposit, because all costs were listed to me for AH - 3% deposit, €2k council fees, solicitor fees,snagging and mgt charges. overall estimate €15k.

I've been told if I want the place I need to give a €3k deposit to secure the apartment. There was no mention of solicitors fees or council fees, mgt charges are €865.

Neil.

ye i'd watch out for Managment fee's if i were you, our fee first year was 1,300 and then this year it was just a tad under 1,600. Painful, but it has to be paid, personally when i sell my apt and get a house i'll be buying in an area that is not run by mgt agents..

I double checked with DCC, I definitely dont have to pay any council fees. I paid €1300 upfront but that was a deposit and as such obviously will be deducted from the sale price. All I have to pay up now is solicitor fees, mngt fee, balance on the 3% (mine is a 97% mortgage) and fit the place out....

I find it ridiculous and incredible for councils to expect 'affordable housing' applicants to pay up another 2k-3k in council fees on top of everything else, surely that somewhat defeats the purpose of its 'affordability'!

I know, it is appalling that I've to pay them so much. I just remember it every time I ring them to ask if things are moving along. I don't care how much I'm annoying them, if I'm going to end up paying over €2k to them I want them to be doing as much for me as possible!

I've been told if I want the place I need to give a 3k deposit to secure the apartment. There was no mention of solicitors fees or council fees, mgt charges are 865.

Neil.

Your lucky. Mine are 1800 pa. And I will have to pay that before I close.
How people have the money to buy a two bed apartment in the docklands at market price for 500k pay back a mortgage of at least 2.5 k and then have to pay 1800 pa on top of it is beyond me. You would want to have shed loads of cash stashed.

Why were some people who got places through Dun Laoghaire Rathdown not charged a fee of 2k and others have been?
It's not in any of their literature. Suddenly just as we're being offered places we realise we are short 2k? In my interview I was told that we'd need money for management fee, deposit, solicitor fee. They never explicitly said 'we've changed our rules and introduced a whopping big fee'. Has anyone got an explanation from Dun Laoghaire Rathdown?

Could someone who is buying in BSQ, or other areas apart from ParkView, tell me if they are being charged this fee? I don't have an extra 2k.

Thanks

Hey Cheesus, I was told about the fee at the time of my assessment. Were you not told about it? I assume everyone has to pay it?

Back