Rip Off charged €48.50 by Bank of Ireland for a duplicate bank statement!

newgirl said:
Permanent TSB don't charge for this, I requested one last week and was told by the girl on their telephone banking service that they don't charge for them.

That wasnt a dupliate statement request that was just an ordinary statement request which indeed they do not charge for.

Re: Rip Off!

Theo said:
Clearly, the bank you worked for were very customer oriented - NOT! if you treated your customers that way in other industries, u'd be out of business.

I totally disagree with your statement. The amount of people that request duplicate statements on a daily basis in huge and a lot of manual work is involved in ordering duplicate statements for customers.
What happened to his original statements which were sent out to him (FOR FREE!) in the post???? If the banks didnt charge for duplicate statements, people would probably lose those aswell!!!

Re: Rip Off!

Bertibabe said:
What happened to his original statements which were sent out to him (FOR FREE!) in the post????

Hardly for free as you put it. Don't banks still make their money by the difference on their loan and deposit rates. Can't see any bank going to the wall for sending the customer a FREE statement.

Its a disgrace how much we are charged but it would make you think again about misplacing them! When I got my mortgage last year, they accepted print outs from the bank on unheaded paper and they stamped them as Certified True Copy - Permanent TSB were happy with this.

i save all my statements so i have never needed a duplicate, thank god. i see that first active charge 6.35 for duplicates. it is big difference from 48.50.

it just says "Duplicate Statement 6.35" so i presume they mean per period.

i know what you mean. i would check especially when hearing it could cost almost 50 euro.

It does not cost anything to have internet access to your personal account and you can print off missing statements.

woods said:
It does not cost anything to have internet access to your personal account and you can print off missing statements.

Internet printouts are not always acceptable, that's why a duplicate of the original issued by the bank may be required.

CCOVICH said:
Internet printouts are not always acceptable, that's why a duplicate of the original issued by the bank may be required.

i agree totally. lots of places these days want originals and not a copy.

CCOVICH said:

I agree.
Bank of Ireland charged me €23.80 for about 8 pages, they didn't even put it on headed paper. I could have got the same from the internet. Now I'm waiting to see if the oter institution will accept this statement.

€23:80 for a few photocopies. I'am in the wrong job?

Can you get a statement if you just have a bank book on a deposit account? The account is with AIB.

Mimi

mimi rogers said:
Can you get a statement if you just have a bank book on a deposit account? The account is with AIB.

Mimi

have you rang your bank and asked them? i'm sure they will be able to tell you in a matter of seconds.

Back